Here’s what’s available right now:
- Lettuce – cos with big, sweet, crunchy leaves. So full of goodness that I find the water turns green when I wash the freshly-cut leaves! Totally delicious, spray-free and $2.50 a head.
- Purple kohlrabi – beautifully tender and soft. Sauté in butter (with just a splash of water, plus some grated nutmeg), or chop into your favourite Thai or Indian curry. Yummy and spray-free. $2 each.
- Limes – currently green. (Did you know that limes are actually yellow when they’re ripe? It’s true – and they are much jucier at the yellow stage.) Limited numbers. Organic sprays used. $2 each.
Cut bunches of herbs ($2 a bunch) – they are all spray-free:
- Curly parley
- Sage (purple and regular)
Herbs in pots – $1.50 each and spray-free:
How to buy:
If you can’t make it to the market, you can still buy from me. Email me [firstname.lastname@example.org] with:
1. The items you’d like (you can see what’s in season here).
2. The quantity of each item.
I’ll then confirm availability, and the price (to be paid cash on collection).
Collection is BY APPOINTMENT on a Friday afternoon (as this is our harvest day… plus I have other work commitments the rest of the week).
You’ll be given the exact address – it’s at the town end of Kerikeri Inlet Road.
I’m looking forward to supplying you with fresh, healthy produce!
PS. Coming soon:
We are currently installing more growing beds so we’ll soon have much much bigger quantities of lettuces, herbs and veggies. Watch this space!